Hi Ross,

Yes - zdb -dddd is dumping out info in the form of:

    Object  lvl   iblk   dblk  dsize  lsize   %full  type
        19    1    16K    512    512    512  100.00  ZFS plain file
                                        264   bonus  ZFS znode
        dnode flags: USED_BYTES USERUSED_ACCOUNTED
        dnode maxblkid: 0
        path    /snapshot.sh
        uid     0
        gid     0
        atime   Thu Feb  4 23:04:50 2010
        mtime   Thu Feb  4 23:04:50 2010
        ctime   Thu Feb  4 23:04:50 2010
        crtime  Thu Feb  4 23:04:50 2010
        gen     529806
        mode    100755
        size    174
        parent  3
        links
        xattr   0
        rdev    0x0000000000000000

for all objects referenced in the snap.

Perhaps if you wanted to script this, then parsing the above output for time
stamps that are after the previous snapshot.

Deleted files (and of course new files) can be diffed against the list for the
snapshot you want to compare with, but I assume you also want files that have
been modified, hence the requirement to parse the above outputs.

Unfortunately time does not permit me to come up with a working solution until
(really snowed under until mid next week - did someone say there is meant to be
a weekend in their too?). But I am sure there is enough info here for someone
to hack together a script.

Cheers,

Darren Mackay