One of the great privileges of using OpenSolaris is the helpfulness and deep
knowledge of the community. Thanks for the suggestions.

I cleared out /var/pkg/downloads, and got back a couple of gigabytes. I've
enabled compress and dedup.

Is there a simple set of commands that I could send that filesystem somewhere,
bring it back on to the now dedup/compress-enabled boot, and then update BE to
get it to work? I'm assuming I could this with send/receive, but are there some
options that I need to specify? Or is there a way to force beadm to copy the
files over to a new filesystem, so that it ends up being deduped?

This SSD Is only for my rpool. I've got a mirror of SATA drives to handle the
data separately.

Also, assuming I recover most of the space, is there anything I can do to
clean-up the SLC SSD, like TRIM, but compatible with ZFS?