>>>>> "a" == ace  <tojakt...@gmail.com> writes:

     a> However, further down "ECC" is identified as being "off". Yet
     a> there is a column for "ECC Errs".

     a> I don't know how to interpret this. Is ECC active or not?

``Short circuit a data line or preferably a parity bit data line on
one of the DDR memory modules with ground for a short period. For
example pin 49 (parity bit 2, ie. bit 66) and pin 51 (parity bit 3 =
bit 67) are fine. The pin between them is Ground. Count the pins from
a DIMM where number 1 pin is marked. It is easy to stuff a lead to the
DIMM socket into the holes next to the socket pins. I used 10 ohm
resistor to make the probability of damage smaller.''

 -- http://hyvatti.iki.fi/~jaakko/sw/

The idea would be to attach this resistor and then look for an ECC
error count incrementing somewhere.  If the software is good it ought
to continue functioning and identify the bad DIMM.  likely?  i dunno.