And again ...

Is there any work on an upgrade of zfs send/receive to handle resuming on next
media?

I was thinking something along the lines of zfs send (when device goes full)
returning

"send suspended. To resume insert new media and issue zfs resume <IDNUMBER>"

and receive handling:
"zfs receive stream ended before end of file system. Insert next media and
issue zfs resume <IDNUMBER>"

Both of these would give us the ability to do graceful backups (at near
wirespeed of modern SAS autoloaders) and restores with few additional tools.

With a little tweak, I suspect zstreamdump could handle verifies as well...

//Svein