Hello,

After being immersed in this list and other ZFS sites for the past few weeks I
am having some doubts about the zpool layout on my new server. It's not too
late to make a change so I thought I would ask for comments. My current plan to
to have 12 x 1.5 TB disks in a what I would normally call a RAID 10
configuration. That doesn't seem to be the right term here, but there are 6
sets of mirrored disks striped together. I know that "smaller" sets of disks
are preferred, but how small is small? I am wondering if I should break this
into two sets of 6 disks. I do have a 13th disk available as a hot spare. Would
it be available for either pool if I went with two? Finally, would I be better
off with raidz2 or something else instead of the striped mirrored sets?
Performance and fault tolerance are my highest priorities.

Thank you,
Chris Dunbar