Thank you to all who responded. This response in particular was very helpful
and I think I will stick with my current zpool configuration (choice "a" if
you're reading below). I primarily host VMware virtual machines over NFS from
this server's predecessor and this server will be doing the same thing. I think
the 6 x 2-way mirror configuration gives me the best mix of performance and
fault tolerance.

Regards,
Chris Dunbar