On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

I don't think of stream crypto as inherently including validity checking,
though in practice I suppose it would always be a good idea.

This is obviously a vital and necessary function of ssh in order to defend against "man in the middle" attacks. The main requirement is to make sure that the transferred data can not be deciphered or modified by something other than the two end-points. I don't know if ssh includes retry logic to request that modified data be retransmitted.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn