>The write cache is _not_ being disabled. The write cache is being marked
>as non-volatile.

Of course you're right :) Please filter my postings with a "sed 's/write
cache/write cache flush/g'" ;)

>BTW, why is a Sun/Oracle branded product not properly respecting the NV
>bit in the cache flush command? This seems remarkably broken, and leads
>to the amazingly bad advice given on the wiki referenced above.

I suspect it has something to do with "emulating disk semantics" over PCIE.
Anyway, this did get us stumped in the beginning, performance wasn't better
than when using an OCZ Vertex Turbo ;)

By the way, the URL to the reference is part of the official F20 product
documentation (that's how we found it in the first place)...

With kind regards,

Jeroen