Ugh, yeah, I've learned by now that you always want at least that one snapshot
in common to keep the continuity in the dataset.  Wouldn't I be able to
recreate effectively the same thing by rsync'ing over each snapshot one by one?
 It may take a while, and I'd have to use the --inplace and --no-whole-file
switches to ensure that I didn't overwrite anything except changed blocks when
bringing over each snapshot (avoiding marking all blocks as changed and wasting
all sorts of space), but shouldn't that work at least?  I'd hate to have to
resort to the two data sets thing.