Hello,

My understanding is that people are pretty much SOL if they want to reconfigure
a RAID-Z or RAID-Z2 dataset to, say, a mirror+stripe? That is, there is no way
to do this via a couple of simple commands?

Just say, for the purpose of my general enlightenment and filing away for if I
decide to change my config (as has been recommended), what would I have to do?
Are we talking about copying the data off of the Solaris box, destroying the
dataset and recreating it? You can't have the same disks setup to do both so
that you can sort of plan for a switch between the two, can you? What other
strategies might exist if I wanted to do this? What sort of pain would be in
store for me if I were to go this route? Vennlige hilsener / Best regards
Currently I know one strategy - copy the data out, destroy the zpool, create a
new zpool, add flags you might want (compression, dedup etc, although I don't
recommend dedup as of 134), restore the data.

Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk