Is there anyway to retain snapshot data this way? I've read about the ZFS
replay/mirror features, but my impression was that this was more so for a
development mirror for testing rather than a reliable backup? This is the only
way I know of that one could do something like this. Is there some other way to
create a solid clone, particularly with a machine that won't have the same
drive configuration?
read up about zfs send/receive :)

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy