> People still use Outhouse?  Really?!  Next you'll be suggesting that
> some people still put up with Internet Exploder...  ;-)

Those of us who are literally forced to use it aren't too happy.  Nor am I
happy with the giant stupid signature that gets tacked on that you all have to
trim when you reply.  But I can't do anything about it.

The most infuriating thing is I could use Thunderbird or something actually
good if it weren't for scheduling meetings.  Meeting scheduling.  It's the one
killer feature that's been keeping Microsoft alive for decades.  When I say I
want to use Thunderbird or something, the following conversation always
happens, verbatim:

"Boss, I want to use Thunderbird."
"But... but.. how will you schedule meetings?"
"I never schedule meetings, you always do."
"But... but... how will you GET meetings?"
"Send me an email."
"But... but.. they won't show up on your Outlook Calendar!"
"I'm capable of adding them to my non-Outlook schedule manually."
"How will people see what times you're free?"
"They could just ask me 'When are you free?'"
"No.  We can't have you being a nonconformist.  You have to be able to send and
accept meetings and have them put on your calendar.  You must use Outlook.
Therefore we must use Exchange, forever and ever, world without end."
<bangs head on desk>

Apparently, before Outlook there WERE no meetings, because it's clearly
impossible to schedule one without it.

And please don't mail me with your favorite OSS solution.  I've tried them all.
 None of them integrate with Exchange *smoothly* and *cleanly*.  They're all
workarounds and kludges that are as annoying in the end as Outlook.

> Agreed 100%.  I've even set up my mail server to reject HTML emails.

I have no problem with a little *basic* HTML.  I just wish I could limit it to
a few simple tags - <BOLD>, <PRE>, <UL>, etc - the most very basic formatting.
No images.  No tables or any of that crap.  I do see how it's nice sometimes to
be able to use a little emphasis.  It's nice to be able to add some personality
with use a different font (if you don't go crazy with them).  But unfortunately
it ends up getting horribly munged and misused.  Maybe there should be a filter
that strips out all HTML except the basic tags.
Learn more about Merchant Link at www.merchantlink.com.

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are
proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.