On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Edward Ned Harvey
<solar...@nedharvey.com> wrote:
>> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
>> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Asif Iqbal
>>
>> would be nice if i could pipe the zfs send stream to a split and then
>> send of those splitted stream over the
>> network to a remote system. it would help sending it over to remote
>> system quicker. can your tool do that?
>
> Does that make sense?  I assume the network is the bottleneck; the only way
> the multiple streams would go any faster than a single stream would be
> because you're multithreading and hogging all the bandwidth for yourself,
> instead of sharing fairly with the httpd or whatever other server is trying
> to use the bandwidth.

currently to speed up the zfs send| zfs recv I am using mbuffer. It
moves the data
lot faster than using netcat (or ssh) as the transport method

that is why I thought may be transport it like axel does better than wget.
axel let you create multiple pipes, so you get the data multiple times faster
than with wget.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu