On 7/12/10 Jul 12, 10:49 AM, "Linder, Doug" <doug.lin...@merchantlink.com>
wrote:

> Out of sheer curiosity - and I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering -
> how does ZFS make money for Oracle when they don't charge for it?  Do you
> think it's such an important feature that it's a big factor in customers
> picking Solaris over other platforms?

I'm looking at a new web server for the company, and am considering Solaris
specifically because of ZFS. (Oracle's lousy sales model-- specifically the
unwillingness to give a price for a Solaris support contract without my
having to send multiple emails to multiple addresses-- may yet push me back
to my default CentOS platform, but to the extent that Oracle is even in the
running it's because of ZFS.)
--
Dave Pooser, ACSA
Manager of Information Services