On 09/07/2010 05:58 PM, Eric D. Mudama wrote:
How are you measuring using 60% across all four cores?

I kicked off a scrub just to see, and we're scrubbing at 200MB/s (2
vdevs) and the CPU is 94% idle, 6% kernel, 0% IOWAIT.

zpool-tank is using 3.2% CPU as shown by 'ps aux | grep tank'

Whoops... I misspoke - it should have been about 23-25% per core. I'm getting old. :o) I am using gkrellm to watch the CPU usage.

In any case, a scrub uses wildly different amounts of CPU at different times, and sometimes it uses far less (particularly early in the process, at least on my specific RAIDZ2). On the other hand, dd'ing a 23 GB video file on the RAIDZ2 to /dev/null will consistently get the 23-25% per core figure.