Hi--

It might help to review the disk component terminology description:

c#t#d#p# = represents the the fdisk partition on x86 systems, where
you can have up to 4 fdisk partitions, such as one for the Solaris
OS or a Windows OS. An fdisk partition is the larger container of the
disk or disk slices.

c#t#d# = represents the whole disk.

c#t#d#s# = represents the disk slice, used for the root pool because
the current boot limitation that says we must boot from a slice.

The issue is that if you don't understand that the c#t#d#p# device
contains the c#t#d# or c#t#d#s# devices, you might create a pool
that contains p#, d#, and s# components, in an overlapping kind of
way (we've seen it). A bug exists to prevent pool creation with p#
devices.

You are probably okay if you use c0t0d0p0 and c0t1d0p0 and never
overlap the fdisk components but we don't test this configuration
and its not supported.

Thanks,

Cindy