> On 9/28/2010 2:13 PM, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> The version of samba bundled with Solaris 10 seems to
> insist on
> chmod'ing stuff. I've tried all of the various
> options that should
> disable mapping to mode bits, yet still randomly when
> people copy files
> in over CIFS, ACL's get destroyed by chmod
> interaction and access
> control is broken. I finally ended up having to
> preload a shared object
> that overrides chmod and turns it into a nullop.

Oh my! After another re-read of man zfs in onnv135 and the spec for aclmode
there, it seems they've really removed the only useful setting for aclmode. To
circumvent this I'll probably also have to wrap all chmod(2) calls (in code
though, not by preloading like you had to) in my app and turn them into
null-ops when performed on a ZFS volume (which my app knows), alongside
wrapping all filesystem object creation actions in umask(2) calls in order to
get the desired mode. bleah!