Currently I'm still using OpenSolaris b134 and I had used the 'aclmode'
property on my file systems. However, the aclmode property has been dropped
now:
http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2010/029/20100126_mark.shellenbaum

I'm wondering what will happen to the ACLs on these files and directories if I
upgrade to a newer Solaris version (OpenIndiana b147 perhaps).

I'm sharing the file systems using CIFS.

I was using very simple ACLs like below for easy inheritance of ACLs, which
worked OK for my needs.

# zfs set aclinherit=passthrough tank/home/fred/projects
# zfs set aclmode=passthrough tank/home/fred/projects
# chmod A=\
owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow,\
group@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow,\
everyone@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:deny \
/tank/home/fred/projects
# chown fred:fred /tank/home/fred/projects
# zfs set sharesmb=name=projects tank/home/fred/projects

Cheers,
Simon