>>>>> "nw" == Nicolas Williams <nicolas.willi...@oracle.com> writes:

    nw> *You* stated that your proposal wouldn't allow Windows users
    nw> full control over file permissions.

me: I have a proposal

you: op!  OP op, wait!  DOES YOUR PROPOSAL blah blah WINDOWS blah blah
     COMPLETELY AND EXACTLY LIKE THE CURRENT ONE.

me: no, but what it does is...

you: well then I don't even have to read it.  It's unacceptable
     because $BLEH.

me: untrue.  My proposal handles $BLEH just fine.

you: you just said it didn't!

me: well, it does.  Please read it.

you: I read it and I don't understand it.  Anyway it doesn't handle
     $BLEH so it's no good.

This is not really working, and concision is the problem.  so, I now,
today, state:

My proposal allows Windows users full control over file permissions.

    nw> Yes, that may be.  I encourage you to find a clearer way to
    nw> express your proposal.

So far, it's just us talking.  I think I'll wait and see if anyone
besides you reads it.  If so, maybe they can ask questions that help
me clarify it.  If no one does, it's probably not interesting here
anyway.