>>> You have an application filesystem from one LUN. (vxfs is expensive,
>>> ufs/svm is not really able
 to handle online filesystem increase. Thus we plan to use zfs for application
filesystems.)

>>What do you mean by "not really"?
>>Use growfs to grow UFS on the grown device.
>
>I know its off-toopic but the statement: " growfs will ``write-lock''
> (see lockfs(1M)) a  mounted  filesystem when expanding. " made me
>always uncomfortable with this online expansion. I cannot guarantee how a
>specific application will behave during the expansion.

    -w

         Write-lock  (wlock)  the  specified  file-system.  wlock
         suspends  writes  that  would  modify  the  file system.
         Access times are not kept while a file system is  write-
         locked.

All the applications trying to write will suspend.  What would be the
risk of that?

Casper