Le 18 oct. 2010 à 08:44, "Habony, Zsolt" <zsolt.hab...@hp.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>                I have seen a similar question on this list in the archive but
> haven’t seen the answer.
>
> Can I avoid striping across top level vdevs ?
>

>                If I use a zpool which is one LUN from the SAN, and when it
> becomes full I add a new LUN to it.
>
> But I cannot guarantee that the LUN will not come from the same spindles on
> the SAN.
>

>                Can I force zpool to not to stripe the data ?

No. The basic principle of the zpool is dynamic striping across vdevs in order
to ensure that all available spindles are contributing to the workload. If you
want/need more granular control over what data goes to which disk, then you'll
need to create multiple pools.

Just create a new pool from the new SAN volume and you will segregate the IO.
But then you risk having hot and cold spots in your storage as the IO won't be
striped. If the approach is to fill a vdev completely before adding a new one
this possibility exists anyway until the block rewrite arrives to redistribute
existing data across available vdevs.

Cheers,

Erik