> I don't think the switch model was ever identified...perhaps it is a 1 GbE
> switch with a few 10 GbE ports?  (Drawing at straws.)

It is a a Dell 8024F.  It has 24 SPF+ 10GbE ports and every NICs we connect to
it are Intel X520.  One issue we do have with it is when we turn jumbo frames
on, the linux boxes crashes.  So all our tests are done without jumbo frames,
but that alone cannot make that much of a difference.  We know the hardware of
the Nexenta box can do several times better- it does when we run Linux on it.

> What happens when Windows is the iSCSI initiator
> connecting to an iSCSI
> target on ZFS?&nbsp; If that is also slow, the issue
> is likely not in Windows or in Linux.<br>
> Do CIFS shares (connected to from Linux and from
> Windows) show the same
> performance problems as iSCSI and NFS?&nbsp; If yes,
> this would suggest a
> common cause item on the ZFS side.<br>

We need to try that.  We did try two versions of Linux (RedHat and SuSE) and
ended up with the same problem, but we haven't tried with Windows/Mac yet.

Thanks all!
Ian