We had the same issue with a 24 core box a while ago. Check your l2 cache
hits and misses. Sometimes more cores does not mean more performance dtrace
is your friend!

On 30 Oct 2010 14:12, "zfs user" <zf...@itsbeen.sent.com> wrote:

Here is a total guess - but what if it has to do with zfs processing running
on one CPU having to talk to the memory "owned" by a different CPU? I don't
know if many people are running fully populated boxes like you are, so maybe
it is something people are not seeing due to not having huge amounts of ram
on these new multichip transport systems.

Maybe you could test it by going to 1 Mangy-Cours CPU and just the memory
populated for that one on your AMD box and see if you get the same periodic
high loads.