Set your txg_synctime_ms to 0x3000 and retest please?

On 15 Nov 2010 23:23, "Louis" <carreir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all1
>
> Recently I've decided to implement OpenSolaris as a target for BackupExec.
>
> The server I've converted into a "Storage Appliance" is an IBM x3650 M2 w/
~4TB of on board storage via ~10 local SATA drives and I'm using OpenSolaris
svn_134. I'm using a QLogic 4Gb FC HBA w/ the QLT driver and presented an
8TB sparse volume to the host due to dedup and compression being turned on
for the zpool.

> When writes begin, I see anywhere from 4.5GB/Min to 5.5GB/Min and then it
drops of quickly (I mean down to 1GB/Min or less). I've already swapped out
the card, cable, and port with no results. I have since ensured that every
piece of equipment on the box had it's firmware updated. While doing so, I
installed Windows Server 2008 to flash all the firmware (IBM doesn't have a
Solaris installer).

> While in Server 2008, I decided to just attempt a backup via share on the
1Gbs copper connection. I saw speeds of up to 5.5GB/Min consistently and
they were sustained throughout 3 days of testing. Today I decided to move
back to OpenSolaris with confidence. All writes began at 5.5GB/Min and
quickly dropped off.

> In my troubleshooting efforts, I have also dropped the fiber connection
and made it an iSCSI target with no performance gains. I have let the on
board RAID controller do the RAID portion instead of creating a zpool of
multiple disks with no performance gains. And, I have created the target LUN
using both rdsk and dsk paths.

> I did notice today though, that there is a direct correlation between the
ARC memory usage and speed. Using arcstat.pl, as soon as arcsz hits 1G (half
of c column [commit?]), my throughput hits the floor (i.e. 600MB/Min or
less). I can't figure it out. I tried every configuration possible.