Almost! It seems like it held out a bit further than last time. Now "arcsz"
hit's 2G (matching 'c'). But it still drops off. It started at 5.6GB/Min and
fell off to less than 700MB/Min.

A snippet of my arcstat.pl output looks like the following:

  Time  read  miss  miss%  dmis  dm%  pmis  pm%  mmis  mm%  arcsz     c
19:14:31   14K   283      1   283    2     0    0   283    1     2G    2G
19:14:32   45K   120      0   102    0    18    0   120    0     2G    2G
19:14:33    9K   228      2   213    2    15    0   223    2     2G    2G
19:14:34   14K   285      2   274    2    11    0   285    2     2G    2G
19:14:35   14K   294      1   276    2    18    0   294    1     2G    2G

The above is what it looks like when my speed falls off. Is txg_synctime_ms
something I can tweek or is what you suggested a normal value? I've read a
few articles that have mentioned values lower than 12288 ms.