A word of caution on the Silicon Image 3124.  I have tested out a two
extremely cheap card using the si3124 driver on b134 and OIb147.  One card
was PCI, the other PCI-X.  I found that both are unusable until the driver
is updated.  Large'ish file transfers, say over 1GB would lock up the
machine and cause a kernel panic.  Investigation revealed it was si3124.
The driver is in serious need of an update, at least in the builds mentioned
above.  It's possible that a firmware update on the card would help, but I
never had time to explore that option.  If a device using the si3124 driver
works great for you in a L2ARC role after extensive testing, then by all
means use it, I just wanted to pass along my experience.

-Chris

The RevoDrive should not require a custom device driver as it is based on