On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Orvar Korvar <
knatte_fnatte_tja...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am waiting for the next gen Intel SSD drives, G3. They are arriving very
> soon. And from what I can infer by reading here, I can use it without
> issues. Solaris will recognize the Intel SDD drive without any drivers
> needed, or whatever?
>
> Intel new SSD should work with Solaris 11 Express, yes?

You don't need drivers for any SATA based SSD.  It shows up as a standard
hard drive and plugs into a standard SATA port.  By the time the G3 Intel
drive is out, the next gen Sandforce should be out as well.  Unless Intel
does something revolutionary, they will still be behind the Sandforce
drives.

--Tim