60GB SSD drives using the SF 1222 controller can be had now for around $100.

 I know ZFS likes to use the entire disk to do it's magic, but under X86, is
the entire disk the entire disk, or is it one physical X86 partition?

In the past I have created 2 partitions with FDISK, but format will only show
one of them?  Did I do something wrong, or is that the way it works?

So, maybe what I want to do won't work....But this is my thought....

on a single 60GB SSD drive, use FDISK to create 3 physical partitions, a 20GB
for boot, a 30GB for L2ARC and a 10GB for ZIL?   Or is 3 physical Solaris
partitions on a disk not considered the entire disk as far as ZFS is concerned?

Can a ZIL and/or L2ARC be shared amongst 1+ ZPOOLs, or must each pool have it's
own?  If each pool must have it's own, can a disk be partitioned so a single
fast SSD can be shared amongst 1+ pools?

Thanks