On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Bill Werner <wer...@cubbyhole.com> wrote:
> on a single 60GB SSD drive, use FDISK to create 3 physical partitions, a 20GB
> for boot, a 30GB for L2ARC and a 10GB for ZIL?   Or is 3 physical Solaris
> partitions on a disk not considered the entire disk as far as ZFS is
> concerned?

Solaris is not happy using partitions and slices at the same time. You
can do it, but I don't think it's recommended. Creating multiple
slices on the install drive isn't supported by the installer, or it
wasn't the last time I did a clean build.

A word of caution: I burned out a 30GB SSD (OCZ Vertex, which has an
Indilinx Barefoot) in about 3 months using it as the L2ARC for my home
media server. I'm not sure if the write cycles were used up, or if it
was another problem, but it died and had to be RMA'd. I suspect that
writing new media and viewing habits resulted in a lot of cache churn.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com