In case you were wondering "how big is n before the probability of collision
becomes remotely possible, slightly possible, or even likely?"

Given a fixed probability of collision p, the formula to calculate n is:
n = 0.5 + sqrt(   (  0.25 + 2*l(1-p)/l((d-1)/d)  )   )
(That's just the same equation as before, solved for n)

p=0.000001  n=4.8*10^35  ~= 2^118
p=0.00001   n=1.5*10^36  ~=  2^120
p=0.0001    n=4.8*10^36  ~=  2^122
p=0.001     n=1.5*10^37  ~=  2^123
p=0.01      n=4.8*10^37  ~=  2^125
p=0.1       n=1.5*10^38  ~=  2^127
p=0.5       n=4.0*10^38  ~=  2^128
p=0.9       n=7.3*10^38  ~=  2^129
p=0.99      n=1.0*10^39  ~=  2^130
p=0.999     n=1.3*10^39  ~=  2^130

Recall that 2^256 ~= 1.15*10^77
Something somewhere says the n for "expected" collision happens around when
the exponent is halved...  Half of 77 is around 38, which is supported
above.  Half of 256 is 128, which is supported above.

So as n is reduced exponentially from the "expected" point, the probability
of collision exponentially approaches 0.
You'll notice for n larger than the "expected" point, the probability even
more dramatically approaches 1.  I cannot get my poor little computer to
compute anything higher than 5.1*10^39, no matter how many 9's I put on
there.  At this point, it becomes exponentially near impossible to avoid a
collision.