> This error code means the device is gone.
> The command got the bus, but could not access the target.

Thanks for that!

I updated firmware on both of my USAS-L8i (LSI1068E based), and while
controller numbering has shifted around in Solaris (went from c10/c11
to c11/c12, not a big deal I think), suddently smartctl is able to
pull temperatures. Can't get a full SMART listing, but temperatures
are going now. Oddly enough, my second LSI controller has skipped
c12t0d0 and jumped straight from number c12t1d0 and onwards. It's a
good thing that ZFS can figure out what is what, but it will make
configuring power management tricky.

I'll post in pm-discuss about the kernel panics I was getting after
enabling drive power management.

--
--khd