Robert,

Which Solaris release is this?

Thanks,

Cindy

On 03/04/11 11:10, Mark J Musante wrote:

The fix for 6991788 would probably let the 40mb drive work, but it would depend on the asize of the pool.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Cindy Swearingen wrote:

Hi Robert,

We integrated some fixes that allowed you to replace disks of equivalent
sizes, but 40 MB is probably beyond that window.

Yes, you can do #2 below and the pool size will be adjusted down to the
smaller size. Before you do this, I would check the sizes of both
spares.

If both spares are "equivalent" smaller sizes, you could use those to
build the replacement pool with the larger disks and then put the extra
larger disks on the shelf.

Thanks,

Cindy