>>>>> "js" == Joerg Schilling <joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> writes:

    js> This is interesting. Where is this group hosted?

+1

I glance at the list after years of neglect (selfishly...after almost
losing my pool), and see stuff like this: shady backroom irc-kiddie
bullshit.  please: names, mailing lists, urls, hg servers.  Many of us
have worked on legitimate open source projects before, you know.  We
know what one looks like, and it's not enshrouded in a tangle of
passive-voice sentences and exclusive mafia language.

Of course you're welcome to associate with one another however you
like, and maybe the hostile mailing-list-flame tone of people like me
is part of what makes you want to make all your infrastructure
private.  but if the goal of The ZFS Organization is to reassure
people they should make new ZFS pools after the Oracle implosion and
therefore fund Nexenta support (a worthy goal IMHO!), this path won't
work on me nor my friends.  I'm confident of that.  And I would have
thought by now it'd be clear brilliant developers can survive on the
open internet, and the momentum's usually a lot better there (not to
mention transparency/legitimacy/resiliency).

good luck, I guess.