On 05/27/11 04:34 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
How bad would raidz2 do on mostly sequential writes and reads
(Athlon64 single-core, 4 GByte RAM, FreeBSD 8.2)?

The best way is to go is striping mirrored pools, right?
I'm worried about losing the two "wrong" drives out of 8.
These are all 7200.11 Seagates, refurbished. I'd scrub
once a week, that'd probably suck on raidz2, too?

That's the same configuration (stripe of mirrors) I've been using for my server pool since march 2007. No problems to report so far!

Weekly scrubs are somewhat over the top.

--
Ian.