On 01/06/2011 20:45, Eric Sproul wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Matt Harrison
<iwasinnamuk...@genestate.com>  wrote:
Hi list,

I've got a pool thats got a single raidz1 vdev. I've just some more disks in
and I want to replace that raidz1 with a three-way mirror. I was thinking
I'd just make a new pool and copy everything across, but then of course I've
got to deal with the name change.

Basically, what is the most efficient way to migrate the pool to a
completely different vdev?

Since you can't mix vdev types in a single pool, you'll have to create
a new pool.  But you can use zfs send/recv to move the datasets, so
your mountpoints and other properties will be preserved.

Eric

Thanks Eric, however seeing as I can't have two pools named 'tank', I'll have to name the new one something else. I believe I will be able to rename it afterwards, but I just wanted to check first. I'd have to have to spend hours changing the pool name in a thousand files.

Thanks