2011-06-14 21:38, Marty Scholes пишет:
Just for completeness, there is also VirtualBox which runs Solaris nicely.
Are there estimates on how performant and stable would
it be to run VirtualBox with a Solaris-derived NAS with
dedicated hardware disks, and use that from the same
desktop? I did actually suggest this as a considered
variant as well ;)

I am going to try and build such a VirtualBox for my ailing
HomeNAS as well - so it would import that iSCSI "dcpool"
and try to process its defer-free blocks. At least if the
hardware box doesn't stall so that a human has to be
around to go and push reset, this would be a more
viable solution for my repair-reboot cycles...

//Jim