> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:40:53PM +0100, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> >  On 06/30/11 08:50 PM, Orvar Korvar wrote:
> >> I have a 1.5TB disk that has several partitions. One of them is
> >> 900GB. Now I can only see 300GB. Where is the rest? Is there a
> >> command I can do to reach the rest of the data? Will scrub help?
> >
> > Not much to go on - no one can answer this.
> >
> > How did you go about partitioning the disk?
> > What does the fdisk partitioning look like (if its x86)?
> > What does the VToC slice layout look like?
> > What are you using each partition and slice for?
> > What tells you that you can only see 300GB?
>
> Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit solaris?

IIRC Solaris x86-32 can't even address 1,5TB, so it shouldn't show up at all,
or as a 1TB drive. If he sees 300GB, there might be some slight overhead and
the fact that 1TB as reported by drive producers equals 0.9TiB as reported by
the OS (1TB = 10^12 bytes, 1TiB = 2^40 bytes). The 1.5TB drive will be shown as
a 1.35 drive or so.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--