On 2011-Aug-08 17:12:15 +0800, Andrew Gabriel <andrew.gabr...@oracle.com> wrote:
>periodic scrubs to cater for this case. I do a scrub via cron once a
>week on my home system. Having almost completely filled the pool, this
>was taking about 24 hours. However, now that I've replaced the disks and
>done a send/recv of the data across to a new larger pool which is only
>1/3rd full, that's dropped down to 2 hours.

FWIW, scrub time is more related to how fragmented a pool is, rather
than how full it is.  My main pool is only at 61% (of 5.4TiB) and has
never been much above that but has lots of snapshots and a fair amount
of activity.  A scrub takes around 17 hours.

This is another area where the mythical block rewrite would help a lot.

--
Peter Jeremy