I've been using it happily since before the Greenbytes purchase. You're
currently limited to pool version 28. I generally use it with external USB
drives (single disk pools), but I have tested file based RAIDZ pools which
worked fine.

The only caveat I will note, particularly for working with VMs (my primary use
case as well) is that you can run into situations where the OS is RAM starved
with the ARC filling up. I've run into cases where Fusion refused to boot up
VMs claiming not enough memory after I was using another machine for a while.
Ejecting the pool will generally clear out the ARC (allocated to the kernel) so
that you can reinsert and then start the VM.

It's a full implementation as far as I can tell, including zfs send/recv so you
can easily backup across the network without having the plugin your disks to
the other server.

I'd put it in the reliable camp (at the very least more reliable that HFS+ or
ExFAT on cheap 2.5" drives)

Cheers,

Erik

On 15 févr. 2013, at 17:08, "Edward Ned Harvey
(opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)"