On 16/02/13 3:51 PM, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
On 02/16/2013 06:44 PM, Tim Cook wrote:
We've got Oracle employees on the mailing list, that while helpful, in no
way have the authority to speak for company policy.  They've made that
clear on numerous occasions   And that doesn't change the fact that we
literally have heard NOTHING from Oracle since the closing of OpensSolaris.
  0 official statements, so I once gain ask: what do you think you were
going to get in response to your questions?

The reason you hear nothing from them on anything official is because it's
a good way to lose your job.

People, let's get down to brass tax here. Either:

1) You will continue to get zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org e-mail after
    March 24th and can carry on as before, or
2) You won't, in which case we welcome everybody at
    z...@lists.illumos.org.

Signed up, thanks.

The ZFS list has been very high value and I thank everyone whose wisdom I have enjoyed, especially people like you Sašo, Mr Elling, Mr Friesenhahn, Mr Harvey, the distinguished Sun and Oracle engineers who post here, and many others.

Let the Illumos list thrive.

--Toby

It's really that simple.

Cheers,