> Hi all,
>
> Have we decided what to do for supporting NFS server
> in non-global zones??
>
> And if we are going forward with the kernel approach
> (instead of
> running user-space NFS servers), then may be the NFS
> developers can
> answer a few questions:
>
> 1) How big a project is it?? (just a rough est)
>
> 2) Where is the code for the NFS service?? Which
> source directory(s)
> is the starting point??

Somewhat off topic, but why not think of this at a higher level than just NFS
in zones, but perhaps, think of applying a ZFS-like pool structure to Solaris
networking?

You could then have a pool of physical network adapters provisioned and with
all the ease of a ZFS-type of administration.  Consequently, NFS services in
zones could be provisioned via inheritable or non-inheritable permissions from
the global zone.

I'm sure there are many obstacles to this idea, but why should storage be the
only pool-managed resource in Solaris?

Thoughts?

Wes W.