What you describe is relatively reasonable, even though Zookeeper is not
normally distributed across multiple data centers with all members getting
full votes.  If you account for the limited throughput that this will impose
on your applications that use ZK, then I think that this can work well.
Probably, you would have local ZK clusters for higher transaction rate
applications.

You should also consider very carefully whether having multiple data centers
increases or decreases your overall reliability.  Unless you design very
carefully, this will normally substantially degrade reliability.  Making
sure that it increases reliability is a really big task that involves a lot
of surprising (it was to me) considerations and considerable hardware and
time investments.

Good luck!

--
Ted Dunning, CTO