Andreas Jung wrote:

How will Zope know when _not_ to add the content-type header?

Makes no sense to me. Either the application set the content-type header or Zope does it for you. Check HTTPResponse.py.

OK.

How will Zope tell if the charset is "undefined" and what does
"undefined" mean in this context?

The HTTP spec says that a http server *can* set the charset to make the encoding of the payload clear. That's what we are doing now. Not specifying the charset means for the browser: *guessing* the encoding which means the browser defaults to some unspecified default encoding.

Yes, but we're essentially guessing too, right? :-S

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk