Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Sounds good to me. At least if someone finds time to refactor the
extractor. For now it is quite specific code for creating the zope
gettext files and would better fit in zope.translations.

On second thought, I think we should think about the zope.app.locales
vs. zope.translation thing a bit harder. I don't think we should move it
now.

As for the extractor: it can very well be used for other projects than
Zope 3. As you said, you guys are using it for the CMF. I would
therefore still suggest moving it to zope.i18n.

Yes. We are using it for CMF. But it was not fun to write the CMF code. Generally useful stuff is in utilities/i18nextract.py and zope specific stuff in zope.app.locales.extract. I did have to copy a lot from i18nextract.py and override many methods for changes that should be configurable. Extraction from ZCML still doesn't work.

I don't want to blame anybody for that. Just say that the people who wrote it did not focus on writing reusable code.

Cheers, Yuppie