On 8/25/07, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Before digging deeper I would like to hear some opinions if this seems a
reasonable approach? Unlikely that we can achieve 100% backward
compatibility but possibly 99%....thoughts...comments?

Yeah, I had that idea as well, and also tried it and also got stuck on
timezones. :-)
I used dateutil, though, and one of the main problems with that is
that it calculates what timezone you are in when you load the module,
which basically makes timezone testing impossible. pytz may be a
better choice.

Uhm, I am not quite sure that is the case. What exactly is the problem? Creating a 'datetime' without timezone information? Why the timezone you are in matters for testing? If you could explain what the problem is, we could ask Gustavo to take a look at the issue. He's very receptive with patches and bugfixes.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, Inc.