Tres Seaver wrote:

I may not *want* the other package's ZCML to be loaded:  some of its
policies may not be appropriate for my application.  I think that the
"library" vs. "pluggable application" distinction is valid here:  maybe
you want to define an entry point in the egg which a given pluggable app
would use at startup time to configure all the plugins which exposed
that entry point.

+1

Five fakes such an entry point now by implicitly
packages it recognizes as products:  are you proposing to replace Five's
DWIM with a new, explicit version?

That may be preferable, but quite hard from a BBB perspective. Right now all kinds of products exist that just expect their ZCML to be automagically loaded.

Martin