On Jul 12, 2008, at 03:04 , Florian Friesdorf wrote:

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:56:19PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
The one thing I am missing is: why?

Well, Zope moved onwards from PAS to PAU

Huh? Zope 2 uses PAS. The Zope 3 folks have attempted to come up with a similar solution, but it's lagging in functionality and finish. Just because Zope 3 sprouts a similar technology to what Zope 2 is using does not automatically imply "Zope moves onwards to X". And it hasn't.

- we should use as much as possible of Zope3 and avoid custom solutions,
 increasing the mutual benefit of all Zope3-based projects.

I call BS here. PAS is not a "custom solution", it's much more of a standard than PAU is.

The question remains, "why?". You're reinventing wheels for Zope 2 that do not need to be reinvented. One day when PAU has indeed surpassed PAS in terms of functionality and plugins then it may make sense. But not now.

jens