Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:
"Is the idea that this is the stuff that changes the most and so will draw people back or is it just filler content at this stage?"

Mostly filler. I agree with what you say. I'm thinking some of the testimonials would be good and I'm planning on mocking that up. I also think Andrew S. said he's looking into getting some good introductory text as well.

Honestly, I'd prefer the front page to be less testimonials/marketing/etc and more content that the rest of us with find useful, which seemed to be what your v3 had, bar the testimonial at the top.

I think Zope would be much more appealing for newcomers if they could see it was vibrant and focussed rather than trying to "sell" itself...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk