On May 2, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Michael Howitz wrote:

Am 02.05.2007 um 15:12 schrieb Jim Fulton:
Assuming that you have a checkout of the trunk zc.form, then you are mistaken. The version number in the setup.py file:

  http://svn.zope.org/zc.form/trunk/setup.py?view=auto

is 0.1dev. This is before 0.1dev-r74753 and thus doesn't satisfy the requirement zc.form>=0.1dev-r74753.

If you aren't using the trunk of zc.form, you should share what version you are using.

I'm using the trunk of zc.form. So I thought the trunk should be counted as newer as each snapshot release.

You thought wrong.

So the expectation that develop eggs are used when ty are declared seems to be wrong.

Right.

But then the only way to use develop eggs and declare egg versions in dependencies is to have a always a higher version in svn trunk than each existing snapshot release.

Or to declare your requirements more carefully.

The only way to use develop eggs is to make sure that they satisfy any requirements you provide.

I don't think this is so good.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org