----- Original Message ----- From: "Benji York" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jonathan wrote:
From: "Benji York" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Four instances on a four core box works quite nicely. :)

Do you mean "four instances on a box with 4 cpus" or "4 instances on a box with 2 cpus, where each CPU has a dual core"?

The latter, but it generally makes little difference.

ie. has anyone tried running 2 instances of zope on a dual-core cpu? If so, how did it perform?

I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for so here's the most useful one I can muster: very well. :)

Thanks for the info!  What OS are you running on the dual-core cpus?

I hadn't heard anything about anyone running 2 instances of zope on a dual-core cpu and was wondering if it was better to go with 2 cpus on a single box, or run 2 instances of zope on a single dual-core cpu in a single box. It would be nice to set up both configurations and compare them side-by-side, but unfortunately hardware just for playing with is scarce around here ;-)

Jonathan